1. Birsh, J (Ed) (1999) Multesensory Teaching of Basic Language Skills.
Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
2. Blachman, B. (1997) Foundations of Reading Acquisition and Dyslexia.
Mahwah, NJ: Laurence Erlbaum.
3. Brewster-Clark, D. and J. Kellogg-Uhry (1995) Dyslexia:Theory & Practice of Remedial Instruction. Timonium, MD: York press
4. Broomfield, H. and M. Combley. (199 ) Overcoming Dyslexia: A Practical Handbook. London: Whurr.
5. Chinn, S. J. and J. Ashcoft (1997, 2nd Edition) Mathematics for Dyslexics: A Teaching Handbook. London Whurr
6. Chivers, M. (1997) A Parents’ Guide to Dyslexia and Other Learning Difficulties. Peterborough: Need2Know
7. Chivers, M. (2001) Practical Strategies for Living with Dyslexia. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
8. El-Nagger (1996) Specific Learning Difficulties in Mathematics: A Classroom Approach. NASEN.
9. Gilroy, D. E. and T.R. Miles (1995 2nd Edition) Dyslexia at College
10. Henderson, A. (1998) Maths for the Dyslexic: A Practical Guide: London: David Fulton Publishers.
11. Higgins, K. and R. Boone. (1997) Technology for Students with Learning Disabilities: Austin, TX: PRO-ED
12. (Eds.) (2000) Dyslexia: A Psychosocial Perspective. London: Whurr
13. Keates, A. (2000) Dyslexia and Information and Communications Technology: A Guide for Parents and Teachers. London: David Fulton Publishers
14. Klein, R. M. and P. A. McMullen (Eds) (1999) Converging Methods for Understanding Reading and Dyslexia. London: MIT Press
15. Montgomery, D. (2000) Able Underachievers. London: Whurr
16. Ott, P. (1997) How to Detect and Manage Dyslexia. London: Heinemann.
17. Peer, L. (2000) Winning with Dyslexia: A Guide for secondary schools (3rd edition) Reading: BDA
18. Peer, L. and G.Reid (2001) Dyslexia – Successful Inclusion in the Secondary School. London: David Fulton Publishers
19. Pollock, J. and E. Waller (19997, revised) Day to Day Dyslexia in the Classroom. London: Routledge
20. Reid, G. (1998) Dyslexia, A Practitioner’s Handbook. Chichester: Wiley.
21. Riddick, B. (1996) Living with Dyslexia: The social and Emotional consequences of specific learning difficulties. London: Routledge
22. Sterling, C. (1999) Understanding Developmental Dyslexia. Chichester: Wiley
23. Thomson, P. and P. Gilchrist (1997) Dyslexia: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Chapman and Hall.
24. Townend, J. and M. Turner (Eds) (2000) Dyslexia in Practice: A guide for teachers. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
25. Tuley, A. C. (1998) Never Too Late to Read: Language Skills for the Adolescent Dyslexic. Timonium, MD: York Press
Multi-Sensory Teaching Programmes
• Active Literacy Kit: Essential Foundations for Literary – W. Bramley (1999) Dyslexia Institute and LDA (ages 7+)
• Alpha to Omega – Hornsby et al (1990) Heinemann (also Before Alpha, activity books 1-3 & set of cards)
• Bangor Dyslexia Teaching System – Miles (1992) Whurr
and Tackling Dyslexia: The Bangor Way – Cooke (1993) Whurr
• Hickey Multisensory Language Course – Augur & Briggs (1992) Whurr
• Jordan Prescrptive/Tutorial Reading Program – D. R. Jordan (incl. Screening tests, manual, 75 lessons, flash cards, worksheets & workbook (all ages)
• A Multi Sensory Teaching System by M. T. Smith (1999, UK ed. By Johnson, Phillips and Peer. Manchester Metropolitan University, Didsbury School of Education, 799 Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 2RR
• Toe by Toe: A Highly Structured Reading Manual for Teachers and Parents – Cowling & Cowling (1993, 1997) (self-published).
• Units of Sound – Bramely (1992) LDA (incl. tapes, books & manual; available for PCs)
Support Materials and Books on Teaching
• Aston Portfolio – Aubrey et al (1982) LDA (linked to Aston index)
• Beat Dyslexia – Stone et al (199 ) LDA (incl. worksheets, tapes & cards)
• Briggs, S. Learning Can Be Fun: Games and Exercises to Support Structured Language Programmes (introductory book: Phonological awareness: Book 1: Alphabetic sequencing; Book 2: Syllable Division for Word Attack) (available from SEN Marketing)
• Day to Day Dyslexia in the Classroom – Pollock & Waller (1994) Routledge
• Dyslexia: A Practitioner’s Handbook – Reid (1997) Wiley & Sons
• Dyslexia: A Reading Handbook – Thomson & Watkins (1990) Whurr
• Edith Norrie Letter Case – Edith Norrie (1960) Arkell Dyslexia Centre, Frensham, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 3BW
• Specific Learning Difficulty (Dyslexia): A Teacher’s Guide – Crombie (1996) Ann Arbor Publications, P.O.Box 1, Belford, Northumberland, NE70 7JX.
• Specific Learning Difficulty (Dyslexia): A Resource Book for Parents and Teachers – Lannen, Reid & Lannen (1997) Red Rose Publications, 22 St. Georges Road, St. Anne’s on Sea, Lancashire, FY8 2AE
Copyright © 2006 Learning Difficulties Network of Cyprus, All rights reserved.
Last Updated 9/2/2007